Duties of the Officers:
The President shall be the principal executive officer and shall have the following duties:
- Preside at all meetings of the association.
- Call special meetings of the association.
- Schedule all meetings, events, and other activities of the association, and to obtain appropriate facilities for these activities.
- Prepare and file any report required by any university entity.
- Appoint committee chairs.
- Perform other duties as specified by the bylaws.
The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President in the event of absence of the President. In addition, the Vice President shall have the following duties:
- Assume the duties of the President (until a special election can be held) in the event of a vacancy in the office.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Standing Committees of the association.
- Plan the officer’s orientation and association retreats.
- Serve in other roles, as prescribed by the President and GSA.
The Secretary shall have the following duties:
- Keep a record of all members of the association.
- Keep a record of all activities of the association.
- Keep and distribute minutes of each meeting of the association.
- Notify all members of meetings.
The Treasurer shall have the following duties:
- Keep all financial records of the association.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to the members.
- Prepare the annual budget and all budget requests for funds.
- Become familiar with university accounting procedures and policies.
The Executive Council consists of a group of people whose purpose is to ensure the continuality of the GSA, directly assist the GSA in reaching its goals, and serve in an advisory role. Because the GSA is a student organization the non- graduate student members of the executive council shall have no vote relating to affairs of the GSA; the Executive Council is to serve in an advisory capacity. The Executive Council shall also have the following duties:
- Provide direct counsel to the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and committee chairs where appropriate and warranted.
- Provide logistical and technological support and provide direction to the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and committee chairs.
- The Executive Council shall have other duties as is prescribed by the President and GSA.
- The Executive Council shall formulate plans of action to protect graduate student rights and privileges upon which all graduate students may vote in order that they may be implemented.
Committee Chairs as established in Article IV shall be members of the executive committee. The committee chairs shall preside over their respective committee’s meetings and will ensure that the committees are working towards their respective goals, as established in Article IV and by the GSA.